Turo-Turo needs staff - including a Cook, and
Front of House.
of Cook involves the preparation
of food as part of our extensive and specialised Filipino menu. Tasks include:
- Cooking short orders
- Preparing daily menu stocks
- Planning and costing menu items
- Purchasing of meat, vegetables & other ingredients
- Quoting for catering orders
- Cleaning roster duties
You will be
proficient in the preparation of food with an eye for presentation, a
head for detail, a good sense of timing, and you will be able to keep
your cool, even when the restaurant is busy. You'll
be expected to work cafe hours, which will include evening and
The role of Front of House will best suit an applicant with customer service
and hospitality experience, as well as knowledge of Filipino cuisine.
- Greeting customers
- Taking orders and handling cash
- Communicating with the kitchen staff
- Serving food and checking on customer satisfaction
- Clearing tables and cleaning duties
- Daily sales reconciliation.
You must be well presented with a good command
of English and preferably Filipino.
These are a rewarding jobs working as part of a motivated and hard-working team. Our
brand is famous in New Zealand for its authentic Filipino food.
A New Zealand food handling certificate
is required for both roles.